Monday, March 9, 2009

We have more snow today - about 4 inches. The crocuses are up to their pistils in snow, but it sure was pretty with the mauve and purple blossoms poking through the snow. I have no idea how many crocus bulbs the original owners of this house planted, but they are now happily self-seeding in the garden and in the lawn (the bulbs, not the original owners ...) and most of them are in the mauve/purple family. It is supposed to turn very cold tonight, but fortunately the snow has melted from the main roads, so I shall be able to get out and about without too much trouble - I think.


Frank has gone to Nelson for a few days. He was supposed to leave around 11 am, but most of the early flights today were cancelled, so he did not leave until nearly 5 pm. I have all day tomorrow and a large chunk of Wednesday to play in my sewing room and eat Balderson's 5-year old cheddar and crackers for dinner! 

The Black Prince's mother is due home from her cruise late tonight and she plans to pick him up sometime tomorrow. I think Rosie will be glad to have him gone for a while - she being nearly 6 years old and he being only 2. He's very rambunctious, but not entirely to blame since she's a Taunting Temptress!

I started another artsy-quilty-melty experiment, but it is not yet ready for photographing. Hopefully, I'll have it ready later this week. I did an interpretation of the crocuses too - but forgot to leave the camera set on auto, so a lot of those photos turned out very dark.

I had a birthday yesterday - not a big one really. Only one digit changed. Frank took me to a fabulous restaurant in Nanaimo - The Wesley Street Restaurant. The food was wonderful and the wine perfect. Our friend Patti's birthday is today and she and her husband and Frank and I plan to go out together next Saturday. I would love to go back to the Wesley Street. Pricey, but fabulous.

On Saturday, we went to George and Marjorie's for pizza and hot wings with them and Marjorie's cousin and her husband. Had a great time. We had planned to play Rumoli, but ended up just talking.

On my actual birthday, Frank and I ran some errands and had A&W for dinner ... not gourmet but it worked!

I have joined several NING groups and enjoyed seeing the wonderful work posted by the talented members.

I am now returning to my sewing room - Zero stash used completely, but I have used snippets and scraps from my last artsy-quilty-melty project in the one I am working on tonight. I have also dragged out various and assorted fancy threads for machine embroidery. I need to make something I can work on by hand in the evenings - beading or silk ribbon embroidery or something, now that the needle-hole in my middle finger has healed again.

Love to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment